The digital landscape is growing, changing, and evolving all the time. The digital marketing strategy that launched your brand might not be the same strategy it needs today. How can brands elevate their digital presence and keep up with customer expectations? Here’s what brands need to know about digital strategy for the upcoming year.
SMART DIGITAL STRATEGY STARTS WITH UNDERSTANDING YOUR CUSTOMERS
Who are your customers, where do they consume content online, and what problems do they want to solve? Digital strategy optimization starts with a deep understanding of your target audience.
● Social media analytics, website analytics, and CRM data offer a great starting point for digging into customer demographics.
● With that data, brands can identify trends and develop customer personas that represent different segments of their target audience.
● Understand what drives online purchase decisions. Customer feedback, competitor analysis, and social listening reveal what customers are talking about and where.
AUDIENCE SEGMENTATION INFORMS MESSAGING AND DRIVES BRAND STRATEGY
Your brand has more than one audience. So why is your digital strategy one-size-fits-all? Personalizing and segmenting content to various audiences builds authenticity and engagement online.
● Segmentation divides audiences into subsets that are easier to define and target using demographic, psychographic, and behavioral factors.
● Brands use segmentation to improve messaging, optimize marketing, and identify new markets that overlap or are adjacent to the brand’s core audience.
● Sub-brands speak to distinct audiences without diluting the main brand. Brands can operate under another name by filing a DBA rather than creating a separate legal entity.
CONVENIENCE AND SOCIAL PROOF SHAPE ONLINE EXPERIENCES
Online, convenience is king. Buyers don’t want to deal with clunky check-out processes or dig for buried information. And with competitors just a click away, they won’t. Eliminating barriers and improving conversion remains a focus for brands in the new year.
● Everyone knows a seamless checkout is important, but customers want convenience in the research stage too. That includes easy-to-find product details, reviews, and promotions.
● Social commerce is a new trend that weaves social proof into the purchase process using shoppable content on social media.
● Brands can even integrate shopping into Instagram Reels and TikTok videos, two video tools known for their ability to go viral.
As you can see, personalization continues to drive digital strategy going forward. Rather than delivering one message to every possible customer, brands are implementing highly targeted messaging and shopping experiences to drive conversions and conserve marketing budgets. Use these resources to boost your personalization strategy and create the engaging customer experience your audience craves.
HOW TO LEVEL UP A DIGITAL BRAND STRATEGY IN 2022